Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Good post MM. I have almost settled on the 150gr Nosler partition in mine. It's great out to 500 yards. Tested with a simple ballistic plex reticle, 13 oz scope. I like to keep my big game hunting rifles very simple. Lighter in weight, and well balanced. The last time I used my 7mm-08 on a hunt was on a bull 2 years ago. It worked great.

Partitions just seem to never don't work..................

Those are nice results, BSA & you have some excellent rifles.

I've gone away from heavy rifles & have gone more lightweight too with my primary rifle now being a 700 Ti, in 7-04 that weighs 6.25 lb with scope & mounts & it shoots very well is is not finicky. I'm usually using 120 NBT's or 140 AB's or NPT's with either RL-15 or H4350, soon to be moved to RL-16 for both bullet weights.

If not the 7-08, then it's a light 6lb, 10 oz 700 MR in 280 which is also a good shooter. It's not finicky either, shooting well with different powders & bullets, see below.

Here are some loads that I shot during load development.

At one time, I had 4 338's, a 300 win, & 2 7 Mags...............those have gone down the road in favor of the lighter rifles.

MM

7-08 Ti
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A target for the 7-08 with 3 different powders, same bullet............8 shots in the ragged hole, then I got nervous & dropped one low, LOL

280 Rem 700 MR

Note the different powders & bullet for the 280

Nice rifles buddy. They shoot great. Keep us posted on that RL16 powder in your 7-08's. Your rifles are dang light and handy, and good looking too. The Tikka's I've been using are around 7 pounds scoped. The model 70's, as you know, are 8 pounds scoped. I still have my magnums, so them being 8 pounds scoped works fine for me.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA