Originally Posted by pete53
Hammer bullets in my handloads have been very accurate as long as you use the right Hammer bullet for the twist in your barrel . my 257 Weatherby mag with the 103 gr. Hammer Hunter bullets at 3680 FPS average shoots under 3/4 inch 3 shot groups and really does kill bigger bucks well or DRT , i also shot a antelope buck at a measured 460 yards 1 shot DRT . Grandson used a 257 Roberts with 75 gr. Hammer Hunter this year shot a doe 80 yards DRT. in my 22 K-hornet rifle i use 33 gr. Shock Hammer bullets they have a big hollow point, accurate and for the last 2 years i have killed 40 - 50 Kritters like raccoons ,possum , stray cats ,woodchucks some other Kritters too most lay there or DRT . i don`t think this bullet is that expensive either for a accurate bullet that preforms so well. i was at the Weatherby factory a year ago they told me they were very excited to sell their Weatherby ammo with Hammer bullets too. i still like and use lead core bullets too but to be honest these copper Hammer bullets and other copper brand bullets might be what we will be forced or only legal to use by our liberal bunny hugger Government to hunt with in the future. Pete53
Where in the body are you shooting the animals you kill?

Life is good live it while you can.