Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by gunner500
Funny timing on this thread DF, i hadn't saw it when we were texting about hammer bullets last week, did want to send you some pics of what they can do, Riflecrank is the real driving force behind the 458 cal 404 Hammer bullet, and the very reason it was built in the first place, i was just the first guy that already had a safari in the works, found the old bull and took him, yes, everyone around there was afraid of that bull, he was mean anyway, and growing meaner each day due to some guy that prior April taking a hail mary shot at a running Wildebeest bull, he hit the old Cape Buff in the brisket, 400gr ceb raptor shed it petals, shank of the bullet ranged down and back and was recovered in this old bulls flank.

He was getting more pissed off with every step, glad he's out of his misery and will be shortly headed for a farm in Oklahoma.

Yes these bullets are expensive, but, my hat is off for any bullet maunfacture busting their asses keeping bullets IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP to us and not jacking the dog sending their components to uncle sugar gravy and ammo companies leaving us with green loading blocks full of sized, primed and powdered cases waiting on a fkn bullet!

Amen... The couple of bucks I use up a year in hunting bullets likely won't put me under. I can use other stuff to punch paper.

The cost of the Hammers sure seems to bring out the detractors, eh? laugh

Meanwhile, one of the campfire's beloved bullets - now the same cost-per-50 as many of the Hammers.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I don't get it. Must be the newness of them Scott. I'm not sure if many have seen the price for a box of Partitions lately either.. I know others than really hammer on a single rifle, but for most of the serious ones, if they get shot a 100X a year, I am having a good year. I tend to beat on the 223's and cheap stuff if I am shooting a bunch, but for the cost of a box or two of bullets to hunt, compared to the cost of filling up my 55 gallon tank on my truck, they seem like a bargain grin

I'm with you men and EdM too, i'll never leave Barnes, they pretty much keep bullets in stock too, never say FU to us and supply uncle sugar with a billion rounds for usps and irs LMAO!

nosler has lost their way, if they somehow believe they're better than a Swift A Frame they have again picked the wrong week to stop huffing gold spray paint!
My good bud, who goes to Africa on a regular basis, is a 7mm NAB 160 gr. advocate. I don't think I could ever convince him to try another, those work for him.

He shoots a 7RM Sendero, sorta heavy gun. But when asked why he packs around such a heavy gun, his reply, "I know what it'll do when I get it there". And, he has rooms of nice trophies as evidence.

The gun's a shooter, he's a shooter, nice combo to decorate a wall with stuffed heads.

I enjoy loading his ammo, enjoy Africa vicariously. I also enjoy hunting on his 2,000 acre property on the Red River.

DF