Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Probably encouraged by fbi CI's
According to his son, that's exactly what happened.

In the past 24 years has the fbi ever caught a "terrorist" or "extremist" without putting them up to the action they were arrested for?

I would venture it's in the single digits if any.

Fbi SOP, find nut, send CI to approach nut. Have CI provide planning, equipment, etc to do "x" illegal thing. Arrest nut. Pretty easy creating your own investigation, much like dope investigations.

The fbi can concoct a crime from nothing using cell phone records , social media , an unreliable convicted felon wating to reduce his/her sentence and entrapment and conspiracy laws even though often there is no overt act to further the crime

They typically start with an alert that a certain type of group are thought to commit a certain crime ( politically motivated of course) They then get on social media, dark web to stir schit up or join local groups using conversations to stir schit up , then get phone records, criminal histories, financials often without PC from a judge. Just takes a few conversations by the target to talk about a possible crime crime. That’s all they need

I’ve seen posters on this forum I wonder about.

It's been pointed out that "ribka" a probably Russian bot. Once upon a time he had a very different personality.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell