I'm not a particularly nostalgic person. Pragmatic would be a better definition of attitudes and thinking. And within reason, I've had to restrain my wants to economical realities. I could have been a professor or more likely a scientist of sorts. But being born on the East Coast of Canada during the Great Depression, my father being a very intelligent man was advanced above others in the same circumstances - a commercial fisherman with uncertain winter weather and markets: meaning he couldn't afford university fees for his youngest son, though qualified. I went to a theological school instead, with some help and it was significantly cheaper, and I'm not complaining as I know God had his own plan for my existence on Planet Earth. BUT, all that to say being a pastor in country churches in the 1950s and '60s "Down East" wasn't the most lucrative "business" in a temporal sense. Not complaining but just explaining that I've not been able to indulge my "senses" as many have.

But what I have, and have had, has been sufficient for study and learning the arts of handloading and hunting, for which I give God thanks - even though many in my rank would consider it overindulgence.

Sir Ron, thanks for your elaborations. Our best gunsmith has retired. I'm now searching for another who would be capable of making my .375 H&H into a AI or Wby. My preference would be the Weatherby, but, rightly or wrongly, I figured any local smith would likely have an AI reamer, maybe not a Wby. Then I already have lots of Rem brass in H&H - don't want to go to the bother, expense and uncertainty of finding Wby brass.

All this begs the question: Those who have argued as a main point that manipulation of a Ruger .375 could, in theory, be more of a "life saver" if confronted by and angry bull or bear than a .375 H&H, so I ask again: Why is that argument raised in regard to the H&H and NOT the Wby or Ai- because the main complaint of the longer action being slowness of operation compared to the Ruger?

In anticipation. . .

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

Last edited by CZ550; 02/14/24.

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus