I took my new .375 Ruger to the range today. I had loaded up some RL-15, waiting for more data on rl-17 before trying that powder.

[Linked Image]

First I used Hornady factory 270 grain to get myself on the paper.

Then I started with my handloads. I was shooting 3 shot groups at 100 yards. This group was 72 grns. of rl-15, with a Barnes 235 grain TSX, WLMR primers, 3-shots at 100 yards. I was looking for a heavy 35 Whelan or light .338 mag. load range. This group measures .975". Three 3-shot groups averaged 1.15". No chrono data yet as I was looking for accuracy, the rest can come later. I think either load will do what I want of it.

[Linked Image]

Next load was 72 grains of rl-15 again, this time with the Barnes 270 grain TSX, WLMR primers. This measures group .535", three 3-shot groups averaged .68". None were over an inch.

[Linked Image]

I think my load development is done. Now I have to pull the bullets from the other powder combinations I had loaded.

The recoil was not bad, and much nicer to shoot off the sticks rather than from the bench. Counting the factory rounds to get on paper, I put 30 rounds through the rifle...and that was enough for today.

I will chrono. the loads and sight in on my next trip to the range.

Manny