Originally Posted by stuvwxyz
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by stuvwxyz
living in the area you better enjoy tourist. We are ass deep in them. They have completely destroyed our little towns and way of life. Add that to the fact Colorado politics have gone more liberal than California thanks to all the newcomers. If I had a choice, I would bail out of my home state.

Those small CO mountain towns have robust economies that don't need tourism money.

LOL, and they thank you (and me) for the dollars spent there, my friend.

Actually, that is not the case. We had lower priced homes, lower property taxes and a sufficient economy to raise our families without them. We lived for decades without them, can do it again. The figures are that less than 10% of local businesses derive any benefit.

That would depend entirely on what town we're talking about, right? Take a place like Estes Park or Grand Lake. Or even Walden. I remember when the DOW raised the prices of non-resident elk tags to be in line with other western states, lots of the mom and pop restaurants, stores, and motels were up in arms because they thought it would cut down on non-resident hunters and hurt their businesses. And I heard this directly from mom and pop themselves.

A wise man is frequently humbled.