Originally Posted by llamalover2
Some of you guys could use a reading comprehension tutor.

He's only moving where his wife "allows" him to live...

He's worried about global warming and he's friggen 70 years old...

And he's just gonna pump whatever his water needs out of the animas within civilisation where you'd have to fill a water glass at night to get away with it. Based on one phone call in a place where if you think you understand CO water law you haven't read enough, and where 15 water lawyers will give you 22 legal opinions to answer your question.

This guy likely already has the pro wolf bumper sticker on his Subaru Outback. He's moving here to experience the utopia, just without the weed...

I'm still only 68, almost 69, still more than a year away from 70. In 2025 I'll start to draw SSI and sign on to Medicare.

Happy wife, happy life. As long as we live in a rural area with hills, trees, clear running water, and somewhere close by with decent skiing, it isn't that important to me where the rural area is. If my wife finds a town and a house that makes her happy, I'm flexible. We have an inside/outside agreement, she takes care of everything inside the house and I take care of everything outside the house. She buys furniture, carpets, and contracts for anything that she wants done inside the house, while I buy vehicles and either take care of or contract for anything that needs to be done outside the house. 37 years, no serious fights, it works for us.

My global warm concern is only as it potentially relates to ground water in the Cortez, Delores, Mancos area. Having been told that ground water is often hit or miss in that area, climate change could make for more misses in that area. A house without a reliable water source is a house that will be hard to sell, no matter how attractive its other attributes might be. A reliable water source is also an important consideration if you want to have a greenhouse and a nice green lawn.

If you have questions about water resources in CO as they apply to a specific property, who would be a better person to go to for answers to ` those questions then the district water commissioner?

The Subaru that I keep garaged in Breckenridge is a 2010 Tribeca, not an Outback. I don't do bumper stickers, but it does have decals representing the 1st ID, Airborne, Ranger and guide-on reproductions for my 3 infantry company commands on the rear window and a Boston Red Sox rear plate bracket. This is the first Subaru that we've ever owned and I haven't driven it much, less than 1,000 miles and most of that was when I drove it from the dealer in St. Louis to its new home in Summit County via I-70. I'm sure that the wolves will negatively the people who can least afford it, ranchers and herders, and I'm not in favor of valuing wildlife over people and their livelihood.