Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by ol_mike
They must be in demand, The Silencer Shop appears to have about 25 - 30% in stock.

Somebody give some learnings on the QD & Flash Hider doodads that the Suppressor goes over.

I have a Hunters Town rimfire 1/2x28- screw it on- and shoot.

Both mine are direct thread… no doodads needed…

If you have multiple guns needing quick detach muzzle devices, you will have a small fortune tied up in muzzle devices. Learned that one the hard way. Could have bought another suppressor for the same dough.

I'm no expert by any means but it appears the suppressor industry is slowly settling on a universal thread standard for quick detach mount systems that thread into the ass end of the suppressor itself. I don't even know what the thread pitch is, nor do I care - the key words to look for are "HUB mount" and "HUB compatible." No idea what HUB stands for, nor do I care. But if you buy a HUB compatible suppressor, a HUB mount should screw into it.

The actual mounting between muzzle device on the gun and qd mount on the suppressor is a different story. Everyone's system and thread pitch for screwing the two together seems proprietary. Best rule of thumb, at least I think, would be to stick with one brand and product line for all muzzle devices, same as whatever your HUB mount is.

For example, I went with an "SRX" HUB mount from Yankee Hill Machine for my mount that screws into the ass of my suppressor, and all of my muzzle devices are also from Yankee Hill Machine's SRX line.

Any future suppressor, I will have to buy another SRX mount and screw into the suppressor to use it on those guns.

Some of this may be inaccurate, I'm still trying to learn. But a shortcut seems to me, to be getting a HUB compatible suppressor, a HUB mount of your choice, then just sticking with the product line of your HUB mount.

Or you could just say screw it and direct-thread your suppressors. HUB compatible suppressors will also have direct thread capability.