Originally Posted by BangPop
Originally Posted by rainshot
It looks like the rear mount is not threaded on all the way. I wonder if there is a thread engagement issue. Out of spec. The Lane suppressors are made to be taken apart so they can be cleaned. Since it's a monocore it could be that the core is not allowing the rear mount to be secured all the way in allowing hot gas to escape. Although I don't own one and have never seen one I'm sure the threads would be fine series like 32 or so TPI. If they're buggered enough to keep them from bottoming out on the abutment it would do it. Something definitely ain't right. It's be interesting what Lane has to say about it. There's two sides to every argument. Not saying that anyone's wrong but something is definitely not right.
A friend of mine builds suppressors and has built them for companies early on before they were set up to do their own. He has a CNC shop and can mass produce baffles and such. He is licensed and sells them himself but they are sort of a reflex design. I built mine myself using baffles I bought from him on a form 1. It's a welded design and the way they're built the baffles are a light press fit in the main body and welded on both ends to keep people from messing with them. It works well but probably heavier than a lot of people would like. There are some good suppressors on the market today.

Wrong. It's leaking between the rear cap and the main tube. There is an O-ring in there that can't contain the pressure and thus the leaks. 224th's can has been in Lanes hands 3X to stop the leak, and it still leaks. They can't fix the problem. Mine went back 2X and still leaked. It was returned to Lane for a refund. I'm happy to say I don't own it any longer.

Leaking O-ring? Was it designed by Morton Thiokol?

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box