Several years ago I met a fellow named G (Gary) Sitton at the Tucson Rod and Gun Club (now defunct, thanks to tree squezzers and bunny higgers) I am sure many of you know his name from his many gun magazine articles. We became friends and I truly miss the man.
Anyhow, Gary had a 35 Imp he was chronographing and I was a bench or 2 away (basically we were the only ones shooting at that time) He heard my new, un blued 35-284 going off and later asked what I was shooting, I told him, he said, how fast are the bullets going. I told him I had no idea as I was just test firing the gun. Gary said I could shoot over his Oehler 3 screen chrono if I liked, I was happy with the opportunity to see the velocities but told Gary, I would prefer he do the shooting as I didn't want to be responsible for hitting a screen. Gary got my 225 gr velocities at both sides of 2700 fps with my load of 53 gr of 3031.
I was actually shooting loads that equaled his 35 Whelen AI by a few fps. At any rate we got to be great friends, at least til his death. RIP Gary.