Originally Posted by GreggH
MD,
What has been your experience with the 25 caliber 100 and 115 BT’s? I have been using the 115 a good bit the last few years and have been impressed with the penetration on deer and hogs. I haven’t been able to catch one yet. Thanks.

GreggH

I started using the 115s soon after Ballistic Tips were introduced, and they were soft even from the .257 Roberts. The first animal I shot was a mature whitetail doe that was facing me at around 100 yards, and I aimed for the "dimple" at the base of the neck. She dropped right there, then stumbled to her feet and started walking off broadside. Another one in the ribs dropped her.

Turned out the first one had really opened wide, and lost the core, and deflected on the front of the chest. Told Nosler and they told me about how they were beefing up many of the BTs.

Didn't used the 100s until I knew they'd also been beefed up, and shot several deer and antelope with them, encountering no problems. One of them was a really big whitetail doe, quartering to me at around 125 yards. Aiming for the near shoulder and she wanted about 30 yards and keeled over. Found the expanded bullet under the hide at the rear of the ribs on the far side. Will look it up later, but seem to recall it retained about 60% of its weight. That was from a .257 Roberts at 3150 fps or so.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck