Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by Raeford
When is the earliest date for 'early/mail in voting'?

I'm puzzled. I consider myself fairly "right" ... at least on most issues. What I do not understand is the general right-wing assumption that the mail-in ballots are somehow less trustworth than polling place ballots. We're 100% mail-in here. The ballots go to the county clerk for counting. They check the signatures against the voter roster. I've had 2 sent back 'cause I got sloppy and signed Tom instead of Thomas so I KNOW they are checking. I think the county clerk, an elected official, with her staff, overseen by a public group, and with public members involved if there is a disputed ballot, has at least as much integrity as the old polling place elections I participated in a few decades ago. More than that, though, my real concern is with the inner city areas where voting does not produce a permanent paper ballot, they only collect data electronically, and if someone has [bleep] with the voting machine (these are democrat-controlled precincts, after all), there is absolutely no way to catch them. So .. what am I missing? Is it just that blue states do more mail in that red states so somehow their votes must be corrupted? If so that's just stupid. My county is republican, our clerk who runs the elections is republican .. and by God if someone accused her of monkeying with the ballots in either way, I believe she'd gut them with a rusty butter knife. Her integrity matters to her more than the outcome. .. as it should be. Anyone caught and convicted of election fraud should be publicly hung. Not dropped, slow swing, let 'em kick a while as the air runs out.
In the 2003 Louisiana governor election I voted by mail for my mother who was in a hospital, without any action by her. We were desperate to keep Bobby Jindal from winning. Unfortunately he came back to win in 2007 and was a disaster.
By "no action" you mean you filled out the ballot for her?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.