Originally Posted by 65BR
I know one shooter who enjoys a 41 and will admit that’s as much recoil as they want 😉 More recoil brings just that, but may not do anything more in the field on game. But again, it’s all about enjoying yourself. Good shooting folks.

Exactly. One can review my discussion on this forum twenty years ago asking about the purchase of a first handgun.

The 357 cracks too loudly and is obnoxious. The 44 is capable of producing more recoil than I want to deal with.

The arthritis in the thumbs and wrists has certainly not improved over two decades.

The 41 is the perfect compromise. I still do not own a 357 or a 44, or a 45 for that matter. Nor have I any regrets about that.

I shoot the aforementioned 250 gr over 20 gr H110. I know for a fact, though I have not done so, it would travel from the north end through to the south end of any Idaho elk.

I admit I am not tough enough to shoot it from the 657 MG. Though I have done so just to prove it could be done.

It is a comfortable load in the SBH bisley hunter. Especially with the scope mounted. The scope ALMOST eliminates muzzle rise.

What in the Hell would I want a 44 or 45 for?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.