I was at the best annual sports show in my area this past weekend. I spoke with a dozen or so elk outfitters, all over western US. A few guys I really enjoyed chatting with but got back and researched reviews online, and was thoroughly disappointed with ALL of them.

I got a great recommendation on here a year ago in looking for a moose outfitter. So I'm back again, trying to book a 2025 hunt. I'll start by saying I recognize what I'm looking for may not be everyone's preference, but it's mine nonetheless.

So reality is that I own a small business and have 2 little kids. I dont have the ability to disappear off the grid. So while I'd love the opportunity to go live in a tent in the wilderness on horseback, it's not in the cards.

I'm looking for a place that doesn't blow smoke with empty promises. No one can guarantee an elk, but I'd like a place that is going to get me an opportunity. I'll be rifle hunting. I'll be 40 next year in average/fine health, without physical limitations but I also don't run marathons in my free time.

On my prior point, I need a place with a lodge, specifically a place with wifi, because I don't have the ability to disappear from work. Ill need to follow-up on work stuff in evenings after the hunt.

Bonuses that would be cool but not mandatory-- the ability to hunt other species. Other interesting bonus would be hunting on horseback. I don't know [bleep] about horses but it would be neat to trek through wilderness on horseback.

Price wise, it would be nice to keep cost at or less than $10k if possible. I'm not too particular on location. I'd go anywhere. I'm not interested to going to some 100 acre game farm, which is the equivalent of walking into the zoo with a gun in my mind...

Anyone with firsthand experience of elk outfitters that would fit the bill, I'd greatly appreciate it!