Originally Posted by saddlesore
Chama Land and Cattle Company , Vermijo Ranch in New Mexico both have lodges. To book a hunt in2025 might not be possible. Probably in the $15K-$18 K range

The last hunt I did on the Vermejo was n 2019. Prices for a bull elk hunt ran about $F15K back then. I really screwed up there in 2018 as I was offered a cow Bison for $1,200. They wanted to cull a few which was the reason for a very low price. Right next door to the Vermejo is the NRA's Whittington center. There's a lot of nice elk in that general area.

I just did a few cow elk cull hunts and even those have gone up. It was $1.500 for the cow hunt in 2010 when I went for the first time. My last one that I didn't get to do because of a bad car accident two days before I was to leave cost me my deposit. That hunt was $4k and that was a cull hunt. I preferred to call them meat hunts. Never bothered going for a bull even before doing the cow hunts as there isn't a suitable place in my house to hang a bull elk head.

Anyway, I'd look into those two places in New Mexico. That's where I'd try if I were physically able to do another elk hunt.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE