Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Of course, it’s hackable. It’s a 1000 foot, 100,000 ton ship built in 2015 with a 22 man crew. A ship that big and new with a crew small is going to be heavily computerized. If it has an internet connection, it’s hackable.

Doesn’t mean it was, but these days someone can hack you toaster.

Fitzgerald was 730 feet, just as heavy and only had a crew of 29, built in '58.

There's computerization - sure. But you also mentioned something rather important - is propulsion connected to the internet? and can you even get a signal buried under 100k tons of steel and 9k TEUs on deck and does it make sense to do that attack at 1am when it's LEAST likely to create loss of life?

Like I said - boat guys here are saying - nope.

Stop. Is there a mechanical linkage from the bridge to the rudder? No? Of course, not in a ship that large. An electric signal goes from A to B…from micro processor to microprocessor. It’s hackable.

As for making sense. Bro, don’t be stupid. If it were a cyber attack, the point is not to kill people on the bridge. That’s an afterthought. The point is to bring the bridge down and shut down the port for the next year.

Yep if the ships computers are connected to the internet it is hackable. Odd these simpletons can't seem to understand the obvious.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]