Tomorrow I'm hauling my family to Orlando for our first ever family vacation. It's the wife and I and 3 kids (8) and 214. We're doing this as a one income family so budget is a consideration, but we probably won't do this again for at least 5 years.

I'm looking at 25 bux a plate for hotel continental chow, so I'd rather put clothes on some mom and pop type restaurant owners. Any advice on hiddegems in the area?

One kid really likes sushi, I hope to try a blue crab and local seafood.....little one is ool with a microwave corn dog...lol.

We're doing at least one day in tampa to see the gulf coast and at least one attraction like universal studios or SeaWorld. At a grand a day I can't pull off more than a couple of those.

If anybody has some tips to help me save some money yet still make a memory for the kids, please help.

I was lucky enough to work 2 months of 7/12's to pull this off.....but we're going to cook through it in a blink, so I want to make the best of it.

I was hoping for SNUBA or something other than water parks as we have those at home.....looking for real Florida type stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.