If you're asking me, conspiracy may not have been correct word. Having read the RS posts on the Maven scopes, Avery stated he had conversations with Maven after the first scope failed. Apparently Maven was interested in form's findings and was picking Avery's brain on why it failed and also apparently sought his input on what could be better. Whether that involved engineering speak, I have no clue but am equally sure not all product testers have insight into the engineering mechanics of the items they test.

At first blush, it seemed that Burns was indicating form was inventing a story on failing the first scope because of his biases ("Formy got a burr under her saddle with Maven and lied on the review of the RS5."), then "miraculously" changed his mind on scope 2 (the 1.2 version) and nothing changed between versions except some conversation between form and Avery. As has been pointed out, somehow two different people can't come to different conclusions.

I have no dog in this fight, I don't own a Maven scope. I do get tired of blanket statements by Burns that come with zero foundation or evidence. He is basically calling form and Avery liars for: A. getting different results on a scope "test", B. having no input into Maven scopes beyond the first one that failed, despite the direct quote from Avery I posted earlier. I don't know if Maven made changes to the 1.2 or any other Maven scope based on RS/Avery input - but neither does Burns. I'm also not opining that they are liars and somehow a giant coverup is occurring because RS/Avery may or may not have a vested interested in Maven. I also find it ignorant to claim that all RS members are somehow like sheep and follow form/Avery advice without using their noggins. My take on that group of folks is very similar to here on the 'Fire - they can sift through the BS and use the data for what its worth when they make choices. I will say, I will look at the 1.2 based on form's drop tests and feedback from RS members on the scope, and folks I trust here on the 'Fire on said scope.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.