Originally Posted by tx270
Originally Posted by koshkin
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by bwinters
The narrative on Rokslide indicates exactly what you say - the first scope failed, Maven discussed with members of RS, changes were made, scope #2 sent back for test, scope 2 passed.

But it's easier to come up with a conspiracy theory.

LOL.

No changes were made and members of Rokslide had no input into the internal design. That's not a "theory".

But I know Maven is selling a lot of the RS1.2s.

Maven sells quality optics and got trashed unfairly by Formy on the RS5 test. Ron Avery had the exact same scope and drop tested it and hunted with it before handing it to Formy.

Originally Posted by Ron Avery on Rokslide
The results are interesting and puzzling to me and the reason I wanted a standard test. I dropped this scope a bunch at 12" and saw no shift. I also shot a bull with this scope at 906 yards. The only difference is my total rifle set up is 8.5 pounds and I think Forms is around 12 pounds.

The 2.5-15x44 is a stock LOW design and a very nice one at that. A couple of companies use it. Maven and Tract come to mind. LOW puts different turrets on it depending on the customer and occasionally different lenses (typically in the eyepiece because different people want different things and there are a couple of different eyepiece versions), but on the inside they are pretty much the same. Again, that's a good thing since this is a very nicely worked out design.

I hope Maven moves a lot of them. It is a nice scope. I have more mileage with the Tract version and like it quite a lot.

ILya

Koshkin, I wondered if they were the same scope basically, as I'd been looking at both. Please excuse the dumb question, but what do you think causes the 3+ ounce weight difference between the two? That's the difference in weight, at least according to published specs.

Bill

I have not looked at that especially carefully, to be honest. Tract has their own turret design that is pretty beefy, so the bulk of the weight difference is likely coming from that.

ILya