Bringing this back up. The 30-06 will remind you sooner or later in case you forget, just how versatile it is. In both bullet weights and powders, it seems to happily digest about whatever you feed it. Which in today's world is a great asset.

Any shooting I've done lately in 30-06 I've been stuck on testing one gun, an older M51. 180 gr round nose bullets with no load development shot just under an inch using both 56 gr of IMR 4350, and 56.5 of IMR4831.

Have some old cans of powder that was given to me, so using some of that up. Tested 4320 with 150's starting at 3 grains under max and loaded 3 each at a full grain apart up to max. Two of the 3 charges shot 3 shot groups under an inch. No load development.

Next was BL-C2 using the same bullet and method of 3 charges a grain apart from each other starting 3 grains under max. Loads one and three shot just over an inch, the charge one grain under max at 53 gr's shot under 3/4".

I already know it will shoot under an inch with H4895 & 150's. So fast powders to slow, and light to heavy bullets, it's got a lot of range. Sits right in the sweet spot. If you don't have an ideal powder, no problem.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.