It works and is the easy button that gives you LOTS of options. Again, a very valuable commodity in today's environment.

Here is a conglomerate of targets of the only tests I shot in the last several weeks with an FN mauser stamped JC Higgins. Every time I went to the range I tried something new.

3 different bullets, and 6 different powders. Bullets were 150 gr spitzer FB, 165 gr spitzer BT, and 180 gr RN. This is not showing the best it might do, this is the only thing I tried. No trying a series of seating depth changes or trying a whole range of powder charges. First time and only tests with all of them in this rifle and includes cold bore shots. Two powder tests I tried 3 different charges a grain apart on each, two tests I just had 2 different charges 1/2 grain apart, and in the case of using IMR 4350 & IMR 4831 with the 180 RN, it was a single charge for each.

It almost always shot under an inch, and in several cases at or slightly under 3/4". Factory trigger and the majority of these were shot with an old Tasco 3-9 that's pictured here and on it now. There's $1500 rifles with $1500 scopes that wont do that with everything across the board you load up for them and throw at them first time out.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.