Some of the bad luck or more likely poor products are amazing to me as far as AO Leupold's go. I'd have to dig pretty deep to get the count on the AO model Leupold's I own but I'm thinking it would be somewhere near 20. Yea I'm an old guy.

I have 8X, 10X, 12X, 3-9. 3.5-10, 4-12. 4.5-14, 16X, 6-18, and 6.5-20's and have had issues with a grand total of 1 due to the AO. These scopes are used primarily on varminters for prairie dogs but many of them are used on hunting rifles.

I also own a 3-9 Leupold compact that has had a turret turned on it 3 times. The first time when I first sighted in the rifle, and the second time to adjust for a new barrel, 3rd time to adjust to a new bullet. This i scope is on a 7 Lb 2oz 30-338 that has been from the US to Mexico, to Africa multiple times.

I have had my issues with Leupold and that seems to continue. But only 1 attributed to the AO.

Hell of a business plan to just walk away from a product just to get you into a different product that doesn't really fix the real problem. TRACKING