Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by Q_Sertorius
I think the outfitter/guide in that last post probably could afford to do some more screening of his clients. And could also take the opportunity to educate his clients. If he has clients booked years in advance, he could easily tell the sort of dumbass who is going to pay $12,000 for an elk hunt what sort of rifle to bring and how to prepare for the hunt. He is the one who sells the service and there seems to be plenty of demand. If he wants to sell an "elk execution service", then he is free to do that. Or he could sell an "elk hunting service."

I went on one guided big game hunt in my life. Some Marine Corps buddies wanted to go on a white tail hunt on a huge ranch in Oklahoma. I agreed to join them. When I found out that the "hunt" consisted of being dropped off in a tree stand 150 yards from a pile of corn, I was pretty disappointed. I got my buck, but it was an endurance test (it was cold as [bleep] in that tree stand), not a hunting event. Then the guide would not let me gut the deer right away and insisted that gutting the deer was part of his job. And he waited at least twelve hours to gut it for me, so all the meat tasted terrible. I was thoroughly annoyed with all the "hunting" aspects of that trip.

As to your first paragraph, I agree completely, and would think that would be the first and obvious inclination of the outfitter — to be very clear on your website. And maybe, at the expense of not being clear enough (ie, blunt) that has not made any difference. To add some context, these are very nice people to be around.

Maybe your friends need to post this at the top of their website?

Chuck Norris doesn’t go hunting, he goes killing. Hunting implies you might not kill.