Originally Posted by BobinNH
I was very consistent. IIRC I said.....

IIRC? That's funny, good one Bob. It's still there, takes about a minute to read what you said. First it was this:

I think he needs counseling and should have his hunting license yanked for wanton wasting of game.Pathetic.

Then after putting yourself in the place of the judge and jury, you switched gears and said you "didn't think anything," about what the guy did and that was for a judge or jury to decide. Want me to quote that one too?

Then after your "wanton waste" idea fell by the wayside (how do you "waste" something that was never in your possession?? And I'm the one who doesn't understand the law....) you switched to your "reckless" theme. That's consistent all right.

The only thing consistent about it is you can't wrap your head around the fact that someone can do something that offends you and it's not against the law.

And as far as taking cheap shots at you, that's a good one Bob.

Go back and read your previous post, and then mine. You want to write a post that implies I'm not intelligent enough to understand what you're saying, and then whine about cheap shots?

That's rich. Imbedded in those cheap shots is also a point-by-point rebuttal of your BS post, by the way.

You still haven't said who the "others" were who "got it right away." Who were they Bob, and where did they say they agreed that the guy broke the law?

Or was that just more BS?

One more thing Bob, in reference to this:

Whether his conduct amounted to "reckless" under the statute is a question for a court to decide based on the facts,either through a hearing process, or trial, and the issuance of a citation is the first step in the process. Ever been cited for speeding?If so you are least vaguely familiar with the process.

As a matter of fact, I have been cited for speeding. I've also been qualified and testified in court as an expert witness on some complex issues involving my interpretation of some fairly nebulous legal definitions, and I served on a jury a year or two ago that decided whether a defendant was guilty of attempted murder in the first degree under two different legal standards, one being depraved indifference and the other being "acting after deliberation." Among other charges.

You may derive your legal understanding from speeding tickets Bob, but I've been involved with a few things that were a little more complicated. So I'm more than "vaguely familiar with the process."

A wise man is frequently humbled.