Known fact that elk in Alberta and further north are bigger than Colorado elk. I have killed one and it was darn sure bigger than 6x6's I have killed here. Then too, although I have never killed elk in PA, I know they have better food, more of it and milder winters.

When I left PA 60 years ago, a nice buck might go 175 pounds. Now the bigger deer out of the hard woods and in farm country like SW PA, where I still have kin, routinely kill deer a lot bigger.

What does it matter. To even draw an elk tag on PA is not an easy thing. If the OP thinks his cow elk go went 650 pounds on the hoof, more power to him.I am not there and neither are others.

Congratulate him and quit nit picking. I tip my hat to him.

Last season, being 80 years old, solo hunt, I killed, dressed out a probably two year old cow. Probably didn't go 300 pounds. Had to get help to lift it on pack mules. It meant as much to me as the 7x8 bull hanging on my wall l killed 20 + years ago. Going to try it again this coming year if i draw a tag.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles