Originally Posted by alpinecrick
First, if you’re going to reply to me you must go to my post and hit the “reply” button. Otherwise your post replies to oldtimer1.

Secondly, undoubtedly there are cow elk in the right habitat running around in the northern hemisphere that might hit 650lbs, just like there are women that are 6’-4” and weigh 250lbs in the human race.

Third, I’ve killed a number of 4-5 year bulls that barely hit 500 lbs.

Fourth, just like you I killed the smallest adult elk I ever killed last year, she might have hit 350lbs.

Lastly, the cow elk in the photos is a normal size, normal weight adult cow that is in the 500lb range.

So stop nit picking…….😉

Was not replying to you directly,only generally. but why does it bother you what someone say that is 1200 miles away. You called the guy a liar. What is it to you if it weighs 500 pounds or 650. You could have said congratulations and be on your way. The guy finally drew a coveted hard to draw PA tag and got his elk and you had to throw water on it. I'd say that was nit picking and cheap a shot. I always valued your post, but not this one.

Last edited by saddlesore; 05/11/24.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles