I am way behind on photos of my rifles. I recently picked up another really nice double rifle in another unpopular double rifle cartridge, the 375H&H. It is being "converted" to left hand now, with the cheekpiece removed, triggers twisted... Plus hopefully Joe Smithson QD scope mounts and bases added. I failed to get photos before it went to the shop... Likewise no photos of the Lott, or a new 257 Roberts, also on an MRC action... But I'm due out to the gunsmith soon so I'll get them soonest possible and then I'll open a new thread. The Lott and my 375 bolt rifle and the 257R are all there to get the radius of the grip straightened out. I've become a big fan of more open grips.

JPK

BTW, I thought of another pair of cartridges where the "standard" performer and benchmark works in the higher performance cartridge's chamber and the standard round is ubiqitous in Africa, "just in case." This pair consist of the 375H&H and the 375 Weatherby. Case length the same, just taper and shoulder different. Of course if you shoot a 458wm in a Lott you still have 458wm brass and if you shoot an H&H in a Weatherby you end up with Weatherby brass, but in a pinch, who cares?

I have found that a 458wm and a 375H&H are a great pair of cartridges for two rifles to take to Africa. Use the 458wm for the big stuff and the 375H&H for all else, knowing that if it comes to it you can do the whole trip with the 375H&H.

The fellow who travels with a pair of rifle in 458 Lott and 375 Weatherby is at least as well set up with even more redundancy and flexibility.