Hello Glacier John, Steve over here in FL. I grew up in No. Hollywood, and used to have A pair of Fairchilds I got around '69-'70, and yes they were very cool.They were at Victory Bl & Lankershim. I was trying to find them or something similar web searching and came across your posts with the pics. I drew up a scetch of what I remembered they looked like a few months back, and when I saw your pics, I was glad to know my over 50 brain is still working, as my scetch looks very close. I have a Seminole Indian lady down here who said she could make me most any mocs,and she likes to use moose hide, what do you think about that hide? She said she likes to use thick Buffalo for soles??. Could you possibly send me more detailed pics of them stuffed with paper and showing seams and construction? Did you get your pattern from an actual old pair of them? I think you could get Fairchilds w/ both leather and rubber soles, I do not remember, but I had the thin rubber soles like yours. Maybe you be so kind as to send me a pattern also, that is, if it is not Top Secret!! Regards, Steve Ruby Sanford, FL, scr458earthlink.net 407-562-7911