There always seems to be at least one, usually several current threads running where someone is asking about firearms related to elk hunting. They ask which caliber or bullet style is best or which gun they should buy for elk hunting. Or they are asking what's the effective range of caliber "X" or compare one bullet performance to that of another or one rifle to another.

Whenever I read such a post it occurs to me that "There goes someone who doesn't know much about elk hunting." They haven't enough hunting experience to realize that shooting and killing an elk is the easiest part of the whole process. The most difficult part of elk hunting is finding the elk and the second hardest part is getting them out after we kill one.

I would like to read more posts about how to sneek through the dark timber when you know they are in there somewhere but you don't know exactly where. Or maybe a post relating to what kind of results people have had using a cow elk call. Then Maybe a post regarding how to manage to be patient when you know that you are sitting in the right place and you know that sooner or later an elk will walk by if you just have the patience to sit there long enough. And then I would like to read a thread where the subject of hawling out an elk is discussed.

I guess maybe I need to start those posts.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.