Originally Posted by saddlesore
This is sure interesting. All the differnt types of elk hunting terrain, cover. We haven' heard from the guys who hunt the sage brush flats as yet. That has got to be differnt. ...

Here is my hunting buddy glassing for deer last year. Already had both my cow elk tags filled and was looking for a bull.
[Linked Image]

Here�s a raghorn 6x6 I took out of a herd of 80 or so a few years back. Nothing but sage for miles in every direction.
[Linked Image]

My first cow from last year, from a herd of around 25. There were trees a mile away at the creek below and in the hills a couple hundred yards behind where we were sitting in the sage (I�m actually facing the hills in the picture).
[Linked Image]

Took my second cow last year off this hill, herd size around 30. Sparse, short grass everywhere, watched the elk for over a mile as they approached.
[Linked Image]

Took my deer last year just a short while after this picture was taken. Have taken elk out of this area in the past.
[Linked Image]

This kind of country is more to my liking, though. That�s Dave on the left, me on the right. My cow is down 260 yards farther back on the hill and out of the picture to the left.
[Linked Image]

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.