Originally Posted by Boyd45
I have a 6.5x55 and a 7x57, as well as a .308 and an 8x57 for my 'big rifles', but have gotten the itch for something else. Not that I think I need to have something else. Someting with heavier bullet weights but not too much recoil. I do not reload (probably should) so bullet options in factory loads would be important. Does anyone have experience with either or both calibers, and care to chime in?

358W will have less recoil than the 9.3x62. Let your decision to get into one of these two cartridges spur you into reloading. Either of these two rounds will have you bucking against the wind. 358 brass can be had aplenty from MidwayUSA, but it will sell out since Winchester only makes a limited run of brass and ammunition for the 358 once a year. You will find no shortage of help in learning to reload. If you do decide to reload, get a couple of good manuals for cross-referencing, and I would suggest Lyman's 48th be one of those. While you can reform 308 brass, I would suggest you buy properly stamped 358 brass since it is available. Lots of bullet choices if you reload, only one bullet if you don't (for the 358, that is, unless you run across an older box of 250's)