Doggone it, Stick, I have been lurking and wasn't going to comment on how good the K'meer Deer is. But fair enough, since you told me about it. I start with a very short high note and slide smoothly and pretty quick into as low a note as I can get, longer drawn out than the first high part. Sort of like a soft edged cat meow, with the "ow" part much lower and three or four times as long as the initial "me". I like soft and sexy (as if I know what's sexy to a buck) but I try to stay away from any sharp sound or that sounds hurt or alarmed. Yes, just try it on deer. That's how I have learned to call a lot of stuff, by trying it. Like Stick said, bending the call up at the end as you continue blowing the last portion of the sound gives it the deepest note, which I presume is a sultry invitation. My son just does the low notes without the high start, and it works just as well though he does call does sometimes. I haven't called a doe yet. In modest use over three seasons I've called four bucks that I have seen, sound and tracks indicate a few more I didn't see. Seems like I'm forgetting one or two more but I'm being conservative here and those four are vivid. All have been blacktail bucks in the rain jungles except for one pretty good muley in subalpine who busted me on a wind shift. One mature blacktail and some forks. They do come in a silent sneak. I saw only a piece of throat patch of one at about 40 yards in an absolute tangle. Never heard a sound. He didn't move a muscle for over five minutes, and I don't know how long he'd been there when I first saw him. Then my partner, who was within 20 yards of the buck, moved and the buck sneaked away. That was a bow hunt intended to have the shooter ambush the buck as it approached me and the sound source. Almost worked. I've no idea how a whitetail would respond. And I'm making this up to butter up Stick. Truth be told, it doesn't work on blacktails or muleys at all and we're just running up the stock price of K'meer calls. Len