If you take a 15 series- avaition MOS besure to get your times logged so you can apply it to your A&P ticket when you get out. You must have an A&P to work in aviation in the civilian world. I was in the Air Cavalry my whole time in. The cav has soe great rewards and some really hard work. It seems you are always under manned and over worked. Proud to have been a cav trooper. Don't let anyone fool you if you pick 15S (OH58D) the Cav is virtually a certainty and you'll have your fill of FOB's, bug outs, the FEBA and fire missions. No body goes anywhere until the Cav tells them where.

There are some 300 MOS'. I'd advise getting one that has a skill set other than infantry or artillery. If you want to go Infantry or Artillery take advantage of the education benefits ASAP and get another skill to go with the things like teamwork, personal responsibility, accountability etc. that you'll learn in an infantry, armor or artillery MOS. Take the leadership lesson to heart they will payoff the rest of your life. The shooting people, bounding overwatch, small unit tactics and such may not apply to a civilian job but the other qualities certainly will and very favorably. Don't look at this as advising against any of those 3, I'm not at all. You do need to get a civilian skill to augment the military experience advantages is my point.

Last edited by Planemech; 05/30/08.