Just a couple of other points to add:

Since I had the trigger pulls tuned (a nice crisp 4lbs each), and did a bit more fine tuning of the regulation, my rifle is putting 4 shots (two from each barrel) into about 2-2.5 moa, with the top barrel just above the bottom barrel at 100 yards. This is using Woodleigh's 286 gn PP, which performed perfectly on buffalo.

The rifle handles very well, making snap shots easy, and the iron sights work well for this (and are easy to adjust), but I mounted a 4x Leupold on hand-detachable mounts as the primary sight.

It is surprising how quickly shots can be put on target. Bearing in mind that I was engaged in culling it is worth noting that a colleague armed with a 9.3x62 bolt action noticed that I was able to sustain a higher rate of aimed shots than he could. This will not always be useful of course, but was a rather unexpected result.

As for claims the rifle is junk, well, I have been shooting for over 30 years, and have a fair number of rifles I could have taken to the NT, but I had no qualms about taking the Baikal. As I said in an earlier post it (and other examples I've looked at) stands comparison with other mass-market offerings in terms of fit and finish, and these Baikals are built like a tank.

It is easy to write off a rifle without trying it, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating.