I'm a sucker for the Montanas. The one on the right in this pic is the 308. It wears a fixed 4 Loopy FXII and a Turner Saddlery M1903 sling. With a full load of ammo and the sling, its still under 7 Lbs. I love that damn rifle... We had a rocky start, but we can't be seperated now laugh I would have used it on a 5 1/2 foot black bear yesterday if he'd cooperated.

[Linked Image]

These are pics from 3 saturdays out of my life, doing what I do best... Turning money into noise. Any group in here over 1" was about as good as it got with 150 grain pills. When it comes to 165's, this rifle is a slut. It tells me that it really likes 165 Hornady Interlocks and Partitions over 45.5 grains of Varget in Lapua brass with a Federal 210M spark plug for a 2743 FPS AVG. The Noslers run about 10 FPS faster... I went as hot as 47 grains of Varget, but from 45.5 up to 47 I gained very little in the velicity department and accuracy suffered, also saw the occasional ejector slot mark on a case head. 45.5 grains, also gave the lowest ES and best SD. So there's my load. RL15 was a very close second in my testing, I decided on Varget for the Kimber for one reason. I still have 3 8 pounders, and half of another one, all from the same lot number in the gunroom. (I've got more than a few 308s)

[Linked Image]

Brad... Didn't you know you can't use a 308 on Elk?? They require at LEAST 6500 Ft/Lbs energy to drop. What is that on top of your Montana, a 2-7 VX1? You can't be serious?? laugh If you're bored, I don't have anybody to go bear hunting with Satruday-Monday. Early and late, you'll have to do some bugling and cow-calling upwind of me about 30-50 yards to work off the gas money though laugh

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall