Thanks guys, that is the kind of information I am looking for. Sage, I noticed that was your first post. Welcome and thanks again. Dog Hunter, I noticed you're from Stevensville. My grandparents are on 1st Ave. I spent a few days at their place this summer visiting.
If I can't connect down here, I'm coming up either the first or second week of Nov. I'm thinking it's not going to happen down here. I was out this morning at one stand. I stayed in till 11:00. Nothing. I stopped to talk to the landowner and ask if they were still seeing them. Just a few does bumped while cutting wood.
Tonight I went to my best stand. I got there early to play it safe. An hour before dark three truck pull up to the far side of the field. (The landowners mechanic, who has permisssion. He brought friends.) These guys sat out in the open, talking loudly enough I could hear them from over three hundred yards. 15 minutes before dark two other trucks came in the other side of the field and parked where the deer come out. (The guys were trespassing.) Yeah, I just don't see it happening down here, but I'll keep trying. I think I'll head up to Kooskia if I don't get one here, that way I can do some steelhead and hunt. Thanks again.

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221