Also, the concave grind goes up higher on the blade than it does on the original Russell.

Leaving off the thong hole and making a different grind was my idea. Whether or not it is an improvement over the original is open to question.

This is another that I think is a Russell design, or similiar. This one has stagged cow shin bone. Never used one of these, but it looks like it would be a good skinner.

[Linked Image]

This is an enlarged Russell. I made this one to be used as a camp/utility knife. Chopping and things like that. The scratces are from cutting roofing shingles. It worked for that, to, In addition to being hammered through a board that I could not get to with a saw. Dymondwood Handle scales. I sorta abused in on purpose, just to find out how good it would hold up under adverse conditions. So far, it has passed with flying colors. I would still have it if it wasn't for a thieving police officer.

One thing I dread when field dressing a deer is cutting around the anus to pull the gut through. One thing I had in mind when I made this knife was chopping through the pelvic bone instead of coring the rear end. Never got to use it for that. Thieving police officer came along first.

[Linked Image]