It is a four inch blade, ATS 34, and 1/8 inches thick. I don't taper the tang on 1/8 thick steel.

Rc is about C60 or C61. I don't like to go harder than this. Makes then too brittle and difficult to sharpen, and they seem to stay sharp just as good.

I used to use 3/16 inch thick steel, or .211 (I think) when 154 CM was available, and tapered the tangs.

Although a lot of collectors have bought knives I made, I make them primarily to be used. In my opinion, for skinning, field dressing, and just plain ease of cutting, 1/8 thickness is better. Not quite as strong, but you are not supposed to pry deer and elk apart, anyway.

I haven't made many knives in the past few years, because of health reasons, but I seem to be getting a little better, now.

I might start back in a month or two.

What I thought about doing was making Russell designs, grinding, heat treating, and polishing them, and selling them to people who want to make a knife, but don't want to invest the time and money into learing knifemaking from the start. Something like a kit, but with a high quality blade as the basis.

I would make the Russell styles, or any other style someone might want, if I thought I could make it look okay. I am thinking S30V steel this time, at C59 to C60.