Originally Posted by test1328
Lodgepole,

Glad you at least got a laugh! <grin>

As a client, it is easy to sit back and say, "well my rifle is in perfect working order and I have never neglected it and never would. It always gets cleaned after every day." However, as a guide/outfitter, as you probably know, they have a lot of other worries, headaches, etc. to deal with besides looking after their rifle. The problem is compounded by the fact that many of them spend weeks and/or months out in the bush in the rain/snow with only a tent and one hunter/client after another. So, most of the guys that I know in this profession jump at anything that will save them some time and make their lives a little simpler and this includes rifles that they don't have to baby, clean, and inspect every single day to make sure that it will operate as expected.

As I've alluded to, if you want to hunt with an Abolt, be my guest, and I'll never have anything bad to say about anyone who does. I was just sharing my experience and admittedly limited knowledge. However, I will say that Sitka deer appears to have greater knowledge than myself and has reached a similar conclusion.

Test

Well Test, they say laughter is the best medicine. Enjoy !

Would I take an A-Bolt on an expensive and/or potentially dangerous hunt? No. Thats where the high end stuff comes in. A-Bolts are for the canyons, sage flats, and lodgepole forests of home. In that capacity they have kept bad weather and scratches off the expensive toys for years. Its their niche as I see it.

" A little solitude is a mighty precious thing "