Well I havent had my A-Bolt all that long. It was a 300 Rem Ultra Mag that I had rebarreled to a 8mm Remington Mag. I had it coated so maybe any issue with corresion if there was an issue will be solved. I asked the smith that rebarreled it about replacing the trigger and his reply was there was nothing wrong with the trigger although I had him adjust it and it is sweet. It was restocked by MPI with a light weight stock. I know some on here are not impressed with MPI but I sent it to them to be done and at this point I am satified. I am taking it to Kodiak in May for a bear hunt so I trust it. I have had Brno,Remington,Sako,Colt Sauer,Savage, and a custom Peter Noreen. To my mind nothing was as sweet as the Colt Sauer, smoothest bolt bar none. The A Bolt offers short bolt throw, Tang Safety, and a Clip magazine. These are all desireable to me. My hunting partner has had his A Bolt for 20 years and has taken Bear,Moose,Caribou,Deer,etc and never had an issue, although he does maintain it. It sits outside the tent in the rain, in the snow, etc. I believe there can be faults with any rifle. I also know there are alot of die hard Winchester folks here and the A bolt is manufactured in Japan, which bugs some, me as well. I am of the opinion that it is a good rifle. It does how ever seem to stir more comments than most