wisturkeyhunter,

Again, the 3" red circle is the name of the game at this shoot. And again, if you have a gun that can shoot that many shot on a turkey neck or even close to that many right down central each and everytime, you are going to kill a lot of turkeys. I agree with you the pattern has holes. But I can also say that none of my barrels on any of my shotguns will beat that target at least in the 3" circle.

I have killed a buch of turkeys over the years. 3 of them by bow which ain't too shabby. I have found what I think is the ultimate turkey buster. The Mossberg 835 is simply put one of the best #4 shot shooting shotguns on the market. I can put 33% and sometimes more of a 2 and 1/4oz Win Supreme #4 load in a piece of standard copy paper at 40yds. Now that is devastating to any gobbler even at like I said 50yds or even farther. Most standard 12GA barrels won't shoot heavy #4 turkey loads(2oz or heavier) near as well as they will shoot 5's or 6's. I know that to be true as well. 4 shot just kills turkeys better at farther distances like 50yds or beyond. It's nice to kill them closer, but not every gobbler will obey that rule. I would much rather pack a big gobbler over my shoulder that has hung up at 50-55yds than to say I will wait another day and hopefully call him in closer.

Last edited by BradC; 02/12/09.