Jeff O,

My thoughts exactly.
I didn't try the TSX, simply because I knew the NP would be softer and more likely to upset if I needed to throw it at something way out there. Also, I run the Sierra 225 spbt with the same load and even better accuracy, for practice and incidental deer strafing.
If there's any difference in drop to 300 (farthest I've played with) I can't see it and the loads are inner changeable without re-sighting. One rifle, one load, two bullet options.

I had the .358 out yesterday looking to fill my damage elk permit. Our winter has been funky here and the elk have not spent much time on the property that the tag is good for. Time is running out (Mar 31)!
Shooting op's can be as far as I feel comfortable, but I'll stalk if I spot them from a distance. Most likely it will be in the oaks at fairly close range and whatever angle is presented.

I haven't and don't intend to play with other bullets. I don't see a need for them. These two cover all the bases I see for that cartridge and use. If I want to target deer, I'll drag out the .270 and hone the buck knife.

My biggest challenge (worry) is that I have to be sure of my back ground behind the targeted animal, because that NP will pass through on all but "stem to stern" shots and I don't want to hit another elk by accident!

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....