I've had to pay for my arrogance. NOt in the long run but in the short run. Took us almost 20 hours to find a deer hit in the back of the lungs and liver. It ran a ways, wobbled and laid down. My nephew had to go to church so they left, and I was waiting till dark to get his buck, it got up and walked off... I had no gun. We SHOULD have shot that buck a second time. They didn't though.

Generally I"m 200% sure of my shot placement and 2nd shots are rare so I don't, I just make the first count and blood trail it from there on out if need be.

Of course they do waste a lot of meat if its never recovered. And IF I know its not good I"ll take any shot again. I punched one in the back leg this year as she got up to get away... long story there, and I even missed the back end shot, I was about 1 inch off to the left of where i wanted to punch the second shot....it made a mess but she didn't get away.

Bottom line it depends on each shot individually.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....