Originally Posted by atkinson

BTW, I understand that there are places where you must use dogs to be successful, but apparantly some don't know that, and the holier than thou come out of the woodwork, especially those that have hunted very little and are all warm and fuzzy about such things, and condem about every disapline of hunting imaginable other than their own style that probably works where they hunt and they have never hunted anywhere else. This always gives the anti's ammo IMO.

Sigh...

I knew we'd get around to this.

I don�t think anybody condemned anything here.

I said we�d shoot the dog first, and it�s true most in my hunting area would. Simply because the sight of a dog running a deer here where we hunt would be bad. Because it�s not legal so it would mean the dogs are wild and or acting on there own with ill intent. It would never cross our minds that �hey, maybe somebody�s dogs got too far out ahead� or �hey, somebody�s working this area with the dogs�. Because it�s just not legal in my area so nobody is used to seeing it, we just don�t see it. We cant bait either, it�s just the laws we have to abide by. I don�t condemn anybody for utilizing the legal means of hunting for there respective area. If it was legal here we�d be doing it. We probably have regulation advantages that other areas don�t have, possibly in the way of elevated stand regs or the fact that we can use centerfire rifles, we can party hunt, things like that.

Not sure if you were referring to me with the holier than thou stuff but that is certainly not how I feel nor is it my intent to be interpreted that way.

Something clever here.