FWIW I'm not getting in to this pissing match. When I look in the safe most of my well used rifles are wearing Leupold scopes. Funny thing is, I think my newest one is a Mark4 from 2004, everything else is older than that. I guess I find it hard to pay top dollar for a new Leupold when the deals on slightly older scopes are too hard to pass up.

And who the heck is Terry Cross?......

Mr. Cross is a gunsmith and an accomplished shooter who knows his way around a rifle/scope and to imply otherwise would simply be a mistake.

http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek046.html

Terry Cross, marksman, gunsmith, and inventor of the "Pod-Loc" bipod adjuster, has been "King of the Hill" in tactical competition for quite some time. Shooting a mag-fed .260 AI (or .308 prior to 2004), Terry has "beat all comers" in major tactical matches. His wins include the 2002, 2003, and 2005 SniperQuest, the 2004 and 2005 Sniper's Hide Cup, and the 2004 McMillan Sniper Competition. Cross-built rifles have won the North American Sniper Championship (NASC) for six consecutive years, and Terry won NASC individually in 2001 and 2006. With Jim Clark, he took NASC team honors in 2005 and 2006. Obviously he's got the skills and his .260 AI wildcat delivers the goods.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_1_53/ai_n16866656/?tag=content;col1

You gents have heard of the man from Texas named G. David Tubb?

From the above link.......

David Tubb, undoubtedly the best shooter in the country and probably the best ever, coming to a sniper match to compete against the likes of Terry Cross, Jim Clark, George Gardner, Shannon Kay and other top competitors was going to be a scoop a couple of hacks like us couldn't miss.

Who Would Prevail?

The Sniper's Hide Cup Match is hosted by Rifle's Only in south Texas in October every year. It runs Friday through Sunday and includes approximately 20 to 25 events. Sixty competitors would pit their skills in both sniper rifle and pistol. Terry Cross, owner/operator of KMW Long Range Solutions, has been shooting extremely well for the past few years. He seems unbeatable. It is difficult in this style of shooting to achieve better than 50 percent hits. Terry has been shooting near 70 percent.

David Tubb is without a doubt the best field shooter of the past century. It is almost impossible to beat him. He has been the high power national champion no less than 11 times. Everyone wanted to see him, evaluate his style, and watch the legend shooting among them. Could he beat these snipers at their own game?

By Saturday evening, the field of shooter's scores were widening considerably with Terry Cross, David Tubb, SSgt. Shannon Kay and George Gardner having gained a considerable lead over the rest of the crowd. The question was: Who will make the run to the win?

Terry Cross continued to bear down harder and harder as the days progressed. His ability and intellect are very difficult to overcome. As Jacob Bynum, the owner/operator of Rifles Only where the match was being held, is fond of saying, "Sniper competition is more about thinking than it is about shooting." The quote might not be perfect, but you get the point. And that is one of Terry's strong suits. SSgt. Shannon Kay was soon recognized as a force to be reckoned with. He is a skilled shooter and a tough competitor. George Gardner shoots at a level putting him far above the majority of the crowd. Jim Clark is several times world champion in more than one event, and often comes out on the top end of the pile.

At last, the final five were read in reverse order.

5. Jim Clark 1532.5, 61.3 percent hits

4. George Gardner 1712.5, 68.5

3. Shannon Kay 1742.5, 69.7

2. David Tubb 1775, 71

1. Terry Cross 1782.5, 71.3

http://www.kmwlrs.com/

http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Cross_Terry_107910560.aspx

Other than that, I guess he's a guy who likes to shoot and have his bullets land where his crosshairs are pointed......and he seems to be able to make that happen more often than most. (grin)

[Linked Image]