Yes, .44. However my .45 Vaquero responds the same with appropriate loads. Even starting loads with a 250 gr shoot very well with groups getting smaller as I go up. Then once the accurate point is found any change up with the load will slowly open groups.
I do like heavy hard cast because once I started just using my revolvers for deer I had poor penetration with the lighter jacketed bullets. I recovered all of the bullets. I prefer two holes for a lot of blood on the ground.
Getting cast boolits to shoot as good or better then jacketed was the challenge. It took a LOT of work. I had to start making my own molds to get what I wanted. All of the groups I showed were shot with my boolits except a few with Lee boolits and one with a Lyman.
I have dropped several deer with the .45 at just over 100 yd's off hand, last season it was 76 yards and there were many around 40 to 50 yards. The .44 has never let me down either but I love the .475 best of all.
The most important thing is that my boolits go exactly to the sights not counting trajectory at long range. Anything over 100 yards needs some holdover. My 45-70 drops 26 feet at 500 meters (547 yards.) so I need to hold on a tree branch to clang a steel ram. I kept 4 out of 5 on a 6" swinger at 400 yards with the .475 by aiming at the top of the 500 meter berm. I was shooting Creedmore from the side of my leg.
Don't let anyone tell you a WLN or WFN goes haywire past 50 yards. They out shoot any semi wadcutter ever made.