I followed the link to the Weatherby site. I see now that the 25-06 is not offered in stainless.

That being the case, I would go with the Rem. Stainless SPS.

I currently own 5 Remington rifles that have been produed in the last 3 years. All of them are shooters right out of the box. The SPS is ugly--no question about it. But I have a 30-06 right now, that if I told you how good it shoots--unmodified--in its factory stock--you might question my truthfulness. So I'll put it like this; all 5 of my Remington standard production rifles will shoot less than 1" at 100 yards with my handloads (thats all I shoot).

The thing about the 06 is the fact that though the outside of the action is not smooth--the bolt glinds like its on butter. The barrel does not foul badly and cleans up with min. effort.

You can still get a stainless SPS for under 6 bills if you look around. The 700 is a great action to build on latter if you desire, and drop in upgrades are much more common and varied for the Remington than for the other two rifles you mentioned.

I can't remember exactly, but I think that the bottom metal on the X-Bolt was plactic when they first came out. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.
Plastic bottom metal (an oximoron) is a deal killer for me.

I have my flame suit on for all you Tika lovers.

GB

Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
I would go
Weatherby Vanguard
Reimington
Ruger

In that order. It's mostly a personal preferance thing. I could never warm up to the Browing design.

GB

I wish. The Vanguard is not an option. It is not offered in .25-06 (SS). If it was, the search would be over. [/quote]