Originally Posted by seattlesetters
I'm in the market for pronghorn/mule deer rifle in .25-06. Since I live in Western Washington, I'd like that rifle to have a stainless steel barreled action. You've got to trust me on this....stainless is just a lot easier around here.

Anyway, I want a 24" sporter weight barrel, as well. It seems the only standard production rifles I can find in this chambering that have SS 24" barrels are the Ruger Hawkeye All-Weather, the Remington SPS and XCR and the Browning X-Bolt.

Mark,

when i was looking for a .25 caliber rifle, i knew which rifle that i wanted... i had been shooting the m 70 classic featherwieghts for some years, and they are what i want a rifle to be... at least the new haven rifles with the winchester trigger are...

my problem was that the m70 classic featherweight was never made in 25-06 and the .257 bobs are mostly selling for way too much money...
i had a model 70 fwt in 30-06 in the cabinet, and it never performed like i wanted it to... i ordered a barrel and shipped the rifle off to have it rebarrelled and tweaked...
i expect to have exactly the rifle that i want in my hands pretty soon...

i guess what i'm saying is that you've probly got a rifle that you wished was a .25 cal.... and it can be, if you want...

"Chances Will Be Taken"