Interesting points.

357 mag has never been powerful IMHO. Its bottom line for me personally.

We shot all our hogs with 110 JHPS, I'd never waste shooting somethign witha FMJ in a carbine round.

As to carry on the person at all times, hell if I"m carrying an M1 carbine on a sling I'd jsut as soon have an M4 type light AR on a sling any day. To carry on a person at any time, the 45 acp does just fine, works fine on 2 legged vermin to well over 100 yards accuracy wise and has what I need for power.

As to good uses in combat, a couple of folks I know and respect from the Korean "conflict" said that the chinese came in waves and that you'd shoot and knock one down with a carbine only to have them get right back up again. And that the 45 was a better killer, but they had to be closer. And that they did find that the insulated clothing of the chinese to be enough to stop the carbine bullet.

As to penetrating further than a garand bullet, thats a joke IMHO and especially compared to the black tipped AP rounds.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....